Sunday 11 November 2012

Well, it's been a couple of weeks since we got back from the Bunya Mountains - my chest freezer is full again and my bushwalking cravings are still well and truly satisfied!

There's only a couple more weeks til bubs is due now. I was starting to get impatient for baby to come over the weekend. I had an achy back which I thought could possibly be pre-labour; and having had a rental inspection that week, our house was really tidy so I didn't feel I had anything much left to prepare while waiting the next couple of weeks out. So I prayed that baby would either come or that God would help me think of a list of things I'd like to get done before bubs is born. I now have a list to occupy me :)

This morning the girls and I went to the Gold Coast (the first time I've been to the GC since moving to Australia nearly 5 years ago!) to meet up with a friend from my uni days, Katie, who was over from New Zealand. It was so nice to meet her little boy and to show my girls - to catch up! The girls enjoyed playing on the beach - in the water and then in the sand. We ran out of time to try the playground (our parking meter having run out) so we will have to go back sometime soon as I had promised Abigail a go on the pedal trains. It was a lovely lovely morning.

Jon has started working on the monkey bar set up for the girls. We spent a couple of hours on Saturday morning at a playground store finalising our plans/options and getting the necessary bars, and picked up some things from Bunnings. This week we'll get posts and then it shouldn't be long before its up. Jon has started to make a trapeze with rings and a rope ladder to hang from the bars - he has taught himself how to splice and now is learning various knots (I have been told I have to learn these things too) - so there will be plenty of things for the girls to climb on before long. We trust that it will provide much healthy fun through the years ahead.


My recent scan showed that bubs is healthy; our car air conditioning is now fixed (and the heater turned off!); our rental inspection went fine (though our lounge room floor is now covered with toys again); and I got my hair cut finally (thank you God for Thursday night shopping!). We've also been able to visit great Grandma Sheehy (we went to Wynuum Park together), great Grandma Randall (Jon and the girls introduced her to geocaching while I rested); and Uncle Jono's come to visit (both girls much look forward to seeing him).

Abigail has been unbearably chatty lately and is growing so quickly (we're often coming across clothes she no longer fits); Sarah is talking more and more, and is doing a lot of imaginary play at the moment - very cute to watch. She has taken to a stuffed toy frog lately - puts it to bed and carries it around lots. She can almost completely take herself to the toilet now (still has some trouble getting her knickers off/on). Both girls can be kept happily occupied for ages if given a wet wipe each - they fold it, wrap it, scrunch it, wipe things, use it as a blanket on a toy etc.

For mum and Grandma:
Abigail to Sarah: "We have 2 legs. Wonky donkeys have 3 legs."

I love my girls :)






No comments:

Post a Comment