Tuesday 20 March 2012

Craft Projects

I've been on quite a crafty spiel for a little while now, so I thought I'd do a quick blog showing some of the things I've made recently or am still working on:

I 'up-cycled' this top the other morning in about an hour. It was an old long sleeve top that I hadn't worn for years - I cut the sleeves and neckline, and used the sleeves to make flowers. Nothing fancy but it made a top I didn't wear into one I will.

I made this rug out of scrap material I had. I still need to put a non-stick backing of some sort on it, but love the colours and love the idea of making something useful out of scraps! It is made from a LONG braid coiled and stitched together.

I'm partway through making a patchwork bed cover for Abigail out of an old duvet cover I was given. The photo shows it folded in half. I need to make it wider and then edge and back it.

After quite a break, I've finally picked up my cross stitch again and am still working on finishing the border. It'll be a while before I attempt such a big pattern again! Jonathan is looking forward to my finishing this one in time for our anniversary at the end of the year.

I've also made an apron out of an old skirt of mine. While making it, the girls were unusually quiet - I peeked around the corner to find that they had emptied the bean bag all over the lounge and were happily (and quietly) playing in it. An SOS text to Jonathan led to him telling me to leave them to enjoy it and he'd clean it up when he got home. I eventually found the courage to tackle the task myself after letting the girls play a while. Those beans were everywhere! Amongst the toys, under the rugs, in the couch. We still find some here and there. Speaking of which, I really must sew the bean bag shut!

I have Quiet Book ideas going through my head at the moment, so once I've finished these projects, that will probably be my next craft focus!

Anyone else working on any craft projects at the moment???


No comments:

Post a Comment