Monday 12 December 2011

Wedding anniversary


It was 3 years ago today that we walked (bounced?) back down that aisle (to the Shrek version of "Then I Saw Her Face") as husband and wife! And it's 10 years on Christmas Eve since we first met and fast became best friends. Much to celebrate!

A new tradition I am starting on our anniversary is to do 12 Days of Christmas for Jonathan (13th-24th December). So starting today, each day up to Christmas I have a little something planned to give or do for Jonathan. I have decided that each year, Day One is going to be a poem I write for him, so this morning he got his poem (I would say I also got him an iced coffee for his lunch with our anniversary date on it, but buying such on clearance because today is it's best before date doesn't sound too romantic!). I have really enjoyed planning the rest of the 11 days and getting the different gifts wrapped and made. It has been hard not sharing my plans with him!

And we finally got our wedding portrait framed and hung (rather, I finally found a frame that was the right dimensions on clearance at Harvey Norman and popped the photo in it; it's not the colour we wanted but it does the job!).


For anyone else interested in the 12 Days of Christmas for your husband idea, I got it from this blog post:


It can be as inexpensive as you want it to be; I think it's a great way to deliberately love and honour our husbands. Jonathan has been looking forward to it as much as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment