Saturday 19 November 2011

Family Update

It has been a hot start to summer! So the past few weeks have seen lots of water play and swimming. And ice blocks :)





The girls are often outside playing in the water (I put some water in the baby bath and a bucket for them). Clothes eventually all make their way off and little nude bottoms are running round the place :) Sarah is mostly nappy-less at home now as I'm trying to toilet train her. So far I haven't had much success. She'll sit on the loo, she knows the sign for toilet, but she won't use it - no sooner have I taken her off and let her loose than a puddle or a mess hits the floor! :P But she'll get the idea eventually. In the meantime, my floor is all the cleaner for it from the frequent mopping! (Oh, Sarah is walking much more now the last couple of days - not long before she's running around after Abigail!)



We swim most days now when Jon gets home from work. Abigail and Sarah love it! Abigail refused to hop in for ages but now that the water has warmed up she jumps right in and can swim around on her own. Sarah has very little patience for the swimming ring - she prefers to jump right in too! She wriggles and splashes as much as she can - makes it very difficult to keep a hold on her! But if let go she does swim for the surface, so the beginnings of swimming lessons are underway :) Another great thing about the pool is we bump into other families from our complex there - it's nice to get to meet the people who live around us.

Another happening I think worth mentioning, is most evenings before swimming, Jonathan has undertaken an 'exercise regime'. Jon hates exercise (I cannot relate to that - I {mostly} love it). But he has decided, of his own accord, that he needs to do some given the nature of his work (office). So he does burpees. He started on the 14th with 14 burpees and now adds one a day - the aim being to work up to 100. He has chosen burpees because they are a full body exercise - legs, core, arms. Abigail loves to count him doing them (she once counted to 16 on her own!). I think he's awesome. Check out the video of him on my Facebook to see how to do a burpee (I can't get it to upload to my blog).

As for me, I have been doing a lot of craft this week. I have an awesome idea for Christmas presents that I'm working on, and I'm also working on a cross stitch. This is what the latter looked like a couple of weeks ago:


As for my laundry detergent, I am really happy with it. Might try adding an essential oil to my next batch (eucalyptus or lavender - both are disinfectants and I like the smell). A friend pointed out to me that soap scum can build up and block the pipes, and even if you use normal washing powder, doing an empty hot short wash in your machine with a cup of white vinegar every month or so will help to clear out any scum and keep your machine running cleanly.

To end, this is for my dad - I love you lots and we are praying that your knee heals quickly and there are no after-surgery complications! So proud to have you as my dad - you do so much for your family! xx



No comments:

Post a Comment