Sunday 28 August 2011

Our road trip north


Hello :) Thought I'd start this post with a picture of yours truly in case people were starting to think that I was under two! (I'm the one looking at the camera!)  :) Now for the pics of the kiddos...


On the Ekka holiday we drove up to Bundaberg to stay with my Grandma a few nights. This is Abigail copying mum by wearing her sunglasses in the car (I don't wear mine upside down though!). That baby doll goes almost everywhere (sometimes 3 of them are brought along, and occasionally a teddy bear to boot!).





After a couple of hours in the car, we stopped in Gympie for all to stretch their legs. We used to stop at the Matilda truck stop, but with two littlies the park was a much more attractive option - playgrounds, ponds and birdlife!

 (The next photo would show Abigail hiding behind my legs as the duck came closer :))

Thankfully, Sarah and Abigail both slept the remainder of the journey (the poor nursery rhyme CD needed the break!). (On the way home they slept the first half of the journey too).




Visits at Grandma's are always relaxing for me - no housework or dishes (thanks Grandma and Jonathan!). And I love being able to sit and talk with Grandma. She has always been a close friend. I even got to work on a new cross stitch (a rather large cross stitch - I have many hours ahead of me with this one!). 





Jonathan thoroughly enjoyed himself by helping Grandma set up her new iPad :) He intended to get some ukulele practice in too (we picked up an eBay buy on our way through Gympie) but broke one of the strings when restringing it. A replacement has since been bought and the fun sound of the (baritone) ukulele is heard in our house each day :) Ukulele was one of the first instruments Jonathan learned to play when he was younger.


I shall end with a link to a music video of our favourite ukulele piece: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_DKWlrA24k
Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment