Saturday 9 April 2011

The start!

I have come to like blogs - collections of other people's research and experiences shared for others to learn from. So very handy! I've decided to start my own to share some of what I'm learning - through other's blogs and through life - and as a way for those family and friends so far away to stay acquainted with or become better acquainted with me and our growing little family.

I have called this blog Kirstie's Kitchen - a place where you can enter in and sit with me, have a cuppa while we 'chat'. Feel free to add your comments, ideas, experiences, stories.... - may this blog be a place to share and learn from one another in the colourful journey of life!

x

2 comments:

  1. I'm interested in your getting black-beans, Kirstie. I presume they are the 'green' variety rather than usual fermented variety we are mostly used to using.

    We had an enjoyable experience the other night of steaming a fish (Chinese style) using black-bean & sliced vegetables & ginger, finished off by pouring hot oil over the lot. Really nice!! :-)

    How's Abi's walking going?

    Much love

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad, I cook with them more and more. Initially for black bean brownies, and now in chilli with mince and kidney beans, and I'm going to try a pumpkin and black bean chilli this coming week. They are excellent in mince dishes to stretch the meat. I've never cooked with the fermented variety - will have to try that sometime!

    That dish sure sounds yummy! Hot oil over it sounds intriguing - did it seal/crisp it?

    Abigail's walking suddenly came right 2 weeks after hurting her foot (we were waiting at the doctor's for Sarah's immunisations and she started running up and down the wheelchair access ramp laughing); she hasn't favoured it or complained since so very pleased.

    Love to you and mum

    ReplyDelete