Wednesday 2 April 2014

March 2014

It was my birthday early in the month and, like last year, we went camping for it. We camped four nights up at Forest Glen and had a lovely time. The plan had been to explore the Montville/Maleny area but we ended up staying on our campsite and simply relaxing and having fun together. It rained half the time, but we still had great fun.










The rest of the month has been full of catching up with friends and family, more decluttering and simplifying around the house, and lots of playing with my kids. I am learning to give them more of my full attention and to spend a good amount of the day doing stuff with them rather than getting stuff done. I've enjoyed it and so have they. Abigail even told me she loved me (first time for her to do that spontaneously). We continue to do dinner at a park each week, as well as lunch with Jon at work once a week.

Jon's workload has settled after that busy period. He is now working in one department only and is able to make headway on various projects he has had shelved. Jon has expanded his coffee making hobby to include roasting his own beans with good success using a popcorn maker. I have organised and decluttered our container cupboard to make room for all his coffee equipment.



I think we will end up with dreaded guinea pigs one day. Such a pity that rabbits are illegal to have as pets in QLD!

Jon's first batch of home roasted coffee beans

The girls with their 'thunder buckets'

In case you wondered what a thunder bucket was....

Abigail with her 'haystack' (from The Banks of Plum Creek)

No comments:

Post a Comment