Wednesday 13 November 2013

Celebrating My Marriage

Establishing family traditions is something I'm keen on (particularly when it comes to Christian celebrations), and an idea I came across a few months ago and have since been doing is celebrating our anniversary date each month. The 13th of each month is now the day Jonathan and I celebrate being married. I made some heart bunting that the girls help me hang up over a picture of Jon and me. I cook a special meal AND dessert. And once the children are in bed, I read to Jonathan the last 30 days worth of entries in my Husband Gratitude Journal (I highly recommend keeping one of these - I have found it very easy to overlook my hubby's good qualities and the things he does for me at times; keeping a list has opened my eyes to notice things about him I hadn't before, and that it turn has grown my love and respect for him). It has become a day I really look forward to, and as our children grow, I hope they will glean much from it too (studies show that the best thing parents can do for their kids is to love their spouse). Oh, and clean sheets on the bed is also very nice (especially when they don't get changed as regularly as they did before child 3 arrived....) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment