Thursday 5 January 2012

Bunks and pretty aprons


(The girls modelling some of their new clothes from Christmas)

I have been doing a concentrated stint of home organisation post-Christmas. My craft cupboard, ta da!:


Still working on a solution for keeping the toys (as) tidy (as possible); and then need to face my desk. Let's just say it doesn't look like it did in one of my blogs a while back.

With organising has come rearranging. Jonathan put the bunks together this week for the girls and now they are together in the one room again:


(Excuse the post-rearranging mess; and spot Sarah!)

And we're thinking to move my (messy) desk upstairs and bring the keyboard down - that way I might actually sit and play again. It has been far too long since I played music!



Abigail and Sarah got the cutest little aprons for Christmas (thanks mum!); now Abigail doesn't have to pinch mine! I bought mine before Christmas - and plan to make some myself; so pretty!



A friend did her meal plan for the year(!) recently, and that inspired me to do a month's plan (normally I do it a week at a time). I've cooked and frozen extra meals for the days when cooking doesn't happen (for whatever reason). I've loosely assigned Monday as our curry day, Tuesday for chilli, and the weekend has a soup and toast day; leftovers once a week; a potato meal once a week; and trying to sprinkle some pasta in for variety (we eat a lot of brown rice in our house). Jon got a sushi kit and a pizza stone for Christmas, so those dishes are now on the menu too (he might even make them!).

Speaking of dinners, I better go get tonight's assembled to pop in the oven! Love to all. My family, looking forward to seeing you next month. Sydney gang, seriously looking into a road trip your way sometime after then. Miss you all. xx




No comments:

Post a Comment