Monday 30 May 2011

From my sick bed :P

It's a sunny afternoon yet I'm sitting huddled up in bed feeling quite cold; the thermometer is in my mouth for curiosity more than any actual suspicion of fever. It would seem I am being hit with a couple of ailments at once. Vomiting (horrible word, that) and upset tummy since Sunday night, and now a very tender breast (another plugged duct, possibly fast heading to mastitis) as well, the germs for which I probably picked up at the doctor's this morning when Sarah got her immunisations.(The thermometer says 36.15). My diet consists of fruit, toast, and now raw garlic :) Go away horrible bugs! That said, I am very thankful I have access to medical help and supplies, good food (if I could stomach it!), hubby's sick leave for when I really need him at home, and the luxury of being able to take rests through the day (once the girls are occupied or asleep!).

It is only days now until we make our first trip back to NZ since getting married 2 1/2 years ago. Very exciting! And we are now four, not two! And I return as an aunty, and I have another brother-in-law (I have eight of those now!); the family multiplies all around!! I am greatly looking forward to being with my family again and catching up on all that has happened and is happening. Good times ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment